Thursday, April 16, 2009

Wacky Toast


Hello All,

For my first post, I would like to share with you an interesting breakfast idea that hit me several days ago.

I woke up a little early that day, to get ready for school. My mom was making breakfast for everyone and offered me some oatmeal. "Hey, would you like this last piece of toast, too? How about some peanut butter on it?" she said. "Sure," I answered and then entered the living room to sit with my dad and nap off the morning sleepiness.

A couple minutes later my mom walks out with my peanut butter toast, but it appeared to have some black stuff on it! After a little closer look, I came to figure out that this black stuff was sesame seeds, and that dried jalapeno pepper flakes were also embedded in the peanut butter. After a sick face of disapproval from my dad and a continuing stare from my sister waiting for my reaction, I shoved it into my mouth and started chewing.

Even though all bits of information tell you that I am crazy for doing this, which I probably am, the creamy texture of the peanut butter, the crunch of the seeds, the mouth watering flavor of the dried jalapeno, were all worth it. It was only missing one thing though, something sweet.

The following days, I had continued to try this new discovered combination, but with honey, it is quite good, and I have plans to try it with the more common Red Pepper Flake to see how it will do in substitution for the jalapeno. I think that it will create the same good sweet and spicy result I am looking for.

Well that is all for now, I hope you will try this on your toast too and find it delicious. Bon appetit!

2 comments:

  1. I wanna say try some lime juice or powdered lemonade. really. it would be like peanut dip.

    ReplyDelete